Dentist in Huntington Beach, CA - Drs. Thompson and Christensen - Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, most Americans associate healthy, white teeth with success in love and business.
Having a whiter, brighter, more dazzling smile has never been easier! In fact more and more people across our country are requesting whitening treatments as it has become the most popular smile enhancement treatment in the United States.
Drs. Thompson & Christensen and their team offer two options for excellence in whitening.
If you are looking for immediate improvement consider ZOOM!. In about 2 hours, their team can whiten your teeth up to eight shades using the patented in-office laser whitening systems.
If you would rather whiten over a week or two, then a professional take home gel and tray system is a great choice. Drs. Thompson & Christensen offer a high powered whitening gel with customized trays that are easy to use. Most people see a difference in two to three uses.
For optimum results this treatment should not be interrupted. If you must skip a night or two, the process must be extended to compensate for the time missed. Daytime or night time wear should be 1 ½ - 2 hours for each application.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Remove the clear plastic cap from the syringe and replace with the mixing nozzle.
- Place a small amount of gel in each tooth compartment in the tray. Do not overfill; you will want just enough gel to cover the front surfaces of your teeth.
- Insert mouth tray as instructed by your dental professional. Wipe off excess whitening gel; make sure to remove all gel from the gums. Remove excess gel with your fingertip or a dry toothbrush.
- Wear loaded tray for two hours a day. If you are having tooth sensitivity limit wear. First try bleaching for one hour a day and if sensitivity persists try bleaching every other day.
- After whitening, remove and rinse tray with cold water. If necessary, use a toothbrush to remove any residual gel. Place trays in storage case and store them in a cool, dry place. Rinse and brush excess gel from your teeth.
- Refrain from eating, drinking or smoking during and for thirty minutes following treatment. Try to avoid citrus foods and juices, as these products change the acidity of your saliva and may cause irritation.
Please follow instructions carefully. If you have any questions, or if more than mild tooth sensitivity develops, cease the treatment and call our office.